- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 08-10-2015
Drinking water can sometimes be taken for granted, but it is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Drinking half your body weight in ounces per day will have benefits in multiple areas of your health. For example, if you weigh 130 lbs. you should drink 65 oz. of water per day. Increase your water intake with exercise or if you drink caffeine.
Having enough water in your system will:
- Regulate your blood pressure and benefit your heart function while reducing your risk for heart attack. To optimize heart function and blood pressure start your day with a glass of water!
- Boost your immune system. Water carries oxygen and ensures that your blood will carry enough oxygen to all of the cells of your body. Your immune system functions best when your organs and muscles are at their best.
- Give you energy. Water makes up about 60% of our body weight and being dehydrated can cause muscles and organs to slow down and make you feel sluggish or tired.
- Increase kidney function. Your kidneys regulate your body’s blood 50x/day and they need adequate water to function properly.
- Improve skin appearance. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and like any other organ it needs water to function at its peak. Without water, your skin can become dry and wrinkled.
- Try this hydrating smoothie for increased skin health and appearance!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.